Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Sound goes out...

(!)

Member with 90 posts.

11-Jul-2009, 07:33 PM #1
Sound goes out...
Hello,

I'm on a brand new HP Pavilion dv7-2180us. I've had it just over a week.

Sometimes when I'm watching videos, mainly if I have multiple videos pulled up (for example loading multiple youtube videos on different tabs. most of the time I have them paused while they load except the one I'm playing) the sound will randomly just go out. I can have the volume turned all the way up but I hear nothing. So I restart the computer and reload the video(s) and the sound works fine. It's getting pretty obnoxious having to reboot the computer and reload my videos everytime the sound goes out. Any ideas?

Also, on another subject, is there a way to make the speakers louder? I have the SRS Premium Sound speakers with a little subwoofer on the bottom, but most mp3's the volume doesn't go as high as I would like it. I have the sound turned up in the mixer and everything.
This isn't really a big deal, it's still loud enough to hear; but the above problem is what really annoys me!!
Member with 90 posts.

17-Jul-2009, 08:21 PM #2
Also, when adjusting the volume via the keyboard, my laptop FREEZES completely sometimes. It just did it again.
Member with 11,761 posts.

17-Jul-2009, 08:27 PM #3
If you want louder sound then get better speakers or run the sound through your stereo amplifier

As for the problems maybe you have too many programs running at once
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!