Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Hidden Files On Ipod

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Dec-2009, 06:42 PM #1
Question Hidden Files On Ipod
Hello, so I just wiped my computer clean with windows 7 home premium. And all my music is still on my ipod. I am trying to view the hidden files on the Ipod, but it wont let me. I went to Control panel->appearance & personalization -> Folder options-> View and i click show all hidden folders...and when i look at my ipod, I cannot see the hidden audio files....
zyper95 zyper95 is offline zyper95 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 881 posts.

Experience: More than I know
08-Dec-2009, 07:42 PM #2
The reason you are not able to view the hidden files on your ipod, because Apple keeps the music files on your iPod hidden to avoid allowing to copy the files from one machine to another. There is a workaround with this to copy your music files from Ipod to PC, however I think it is not allowed on this forum to do that.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
08-Dec-2009, 08:08 PM #3
it's not impossible, apple just makes it difficult.
assuming you have the iPod plugged in and its drivers installed
try going to control panel>devices and printers
you should see Apple iPod USB device (or something similar) under devices
right click on it, browse files and choose your iPod, you should see a faded folder (if you have show hidden folders turned on) called iPod_Control, right click on it choose open, then right click on the faded music folder and choose open, now you will find a bunch of faded folders with names like "F00", "F09" ... etc. your music is in each of these folders, open the first ..... be prepared for shock, iTunes chose to rename all the song files with cryptic names like AETF.mp3 (right click on one choose properties, then the details tab and you will see the tag info showing you what song it is).
zyper95 zyper95 is offline zyper95 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 881 posts.

Experience: More than I know
08-Dec-2009, 08:21 PM #4
Here is another way to copy music files from ipod to pc, using Senuti ipodrip plus its a freeware.

http://www.ipodrip.net/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hidden files, ipod touch, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!