Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Exclamation marks next to two CDROM devices???

(!)

Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Dec-2009, 07:15 PM #1
Solved: Exclamation marks next to two CDROM devices???
HELP!

I have a Pioneer DVR-710 / DVR-111D. DVD/CD Writer. I also have a BTC Combo drive.

Both my CD-Rom drives have an exclamation marks and needs drivers, or something to get these devices to work. . How do I get these?

I've tried the Pioneer website and the Driverguide website, but could not see any at all. I have both install disks, but does not help if the devices don't work. Do I have to go to another friends computer and download WHATEVER to a flash drive,then update the driver? Would WinXP have CD Rom controllers on the CD? So, what do I need? (The pioneer drivers came on a NERO OEM Suite disc.) Thanks and happy new year!
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Dec-2009, 11:56 PM #2
CD/DVD drives do not need extra drivers in 98se W2K or XP, Vista, W7. The OS has them.

What OS?

Look in device manager to see exactly what the problem is and any error codes. What are they?

01-Jan-2010, 03:12 PM #3
WINXP Exclaimation Marks in CDROMS
Happy New Year mumbodog!
Sorry, it's a WinXP Pro SP2. ?MSI Platinum/ Intel Q6600/3.8GB DDR
This is a more comprehensive message I should have posted yesterday. Mumbo, please bear with any redundancies.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
Driver version - 5.1.2535.0 (date 7-01-2001)

I have two Cd Rom drives..
(1) Pioneer DVR-710/DVR-111D. (DVD/CD Writer)
(2) BTC IDE 5232CO Combo drive.

In Device Manager, both my CD-Rom drives have an exclamation marks and needs drivers, or something to get these devices to work.

The problem with using a WinXP Install disc is that neither drives work at this point.

Does this mean I either reformat my hard drive and re-install Windows,or go buy two more drives? If I do the latter, will my OS have the PnP drivers for the CDROMS, and why will it not find them upon rebooting the computer?

I've tried the Pioneer website and the Driverguide website, but could not see any at all. I have both install disks, but does not help if the devices don't work. Do I have to go to another friends computer and download WHATEVER to a flash drive,then update the driver? Would WinXP have CD Rom controllers on the CD? So, what do I need? (The pioneer drivers came on a NERO OEM Suite disc, I thought, but Pioneer told me they should all be on the WINXP DISC.)

I Don't know what to think about paying $30-40 bucks for those driver search/install sites, like Drivercure, Driverchecker, Syncradar,or Driverguide,...couldn't find my driver there in a free search)!

Thanks for any help and have a Happy New Year!/
Member with 1,631 posts.

01-Jan-2010, 04:36 PM #4
You may want to check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Member with 7,891 posts.

02-Jan-2010, 01:09 AM #5
Quote:
I Don't know what to think about paying $30-40 bucks for those driver search/install sites
They are scams.

Try this link
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Quote:
What it fixes...
Your CD or DVD Drive does not read or write and is shown as disabled
The media in your CD or DVD drive cannot be read
The media cannot be written to by your CD or DVD drive
You receive one of the following errors:
A class specific or device specific driver is missing or corrupt
A CD or DVD drive cannot be found or is not connected
The CD or DVD drive is experiencing a problem that prevents it from working properly
The CD or DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
Member with 1,631 posts.

02-Jan-2010, 09:40 AM #6
Mumbodog, op fixed his problem using my suggestion, but did not come back to this thread to mark it solved, but instead put a new thread up in hardware saying he had his problem solved. Don`t waste your time.

18-Jan-2010, 04:14 PM #7
Thanks Mumbodog, I went to the link you provided (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems) and downloaded the fix from Microsoft, and then they both worked!!! Sorry I did not post back but now I'm having another problem with my onboard Realtek Sound after reformatting and reinstalling winXP. I will find the appropriate forum..Thank you!
Member with 7,891 posts.

18-Jan-2010, 04:49 PM #8
You are welcome rivrbyte.

Welcome to TSG forums

As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
drivers, dvr-111d, dvr-710, pioneer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!