Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Does my VGA card support TV-out?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Jan-2010, 07:54 PM #1
Does my VGA card support TV-out?
I have an HP Pavilion dv3. How do I know if my video card supports TV-out?
Member with 11,761 posts.

20-Jan-2010, 08:01 PM #2
You mean S-Video out I think.....take a look at the pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Does my VGA card support TV-out?-images.jpg   Does my VGA card support TV-out?-images2.jpg  
Computer Specs

20-Jan-2010, 08:06 PM #3
Thanks for the fast reply!
My computer does not have an S-video out port, only a VGA. I was looking to connect my laptop to my tv which only has an s-video with one of these.
The website I am ordering it from says: "NOTE: Your VGA card must support TV out directly through VGA port function."
How do I know if my VGA card supports TC out directly through VGA port function?
Member with 11,761 posts.

20-Jan-2010, 08:12 PM #4
I would say it will work but you will need either a S-Video cable or RAC video cable to reach the TV and the quality will not be good......and there will be no sound only picture
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,073 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 12:01 AM #5
I thought I could look up your computer's specs and user manual to see if it supports TV out through the VGA port. However, the Pavilion dv3 series has at least 78 different models.

I will disagree with Megabite and say that your computer most likely does not support TV out through the VGA connector. I have worked with a few desktops and laptops and never came across one that could do it.
Computer Specs

21-Jan-2010, 10:20 AM #6
Mine is a dv3t-2000
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,073 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 10:52 AM #7
I could not find any documentation on the HP web site that gave the details on exactly what type of signals can come out of the dv3t-2000-CTO's VGA connector. The only way you may find out for sure would be to go into the display properties control panel and see if you have any options to change the VGA output signal type to NTSC, PAL and/or SECAM (I have no idea in what country you are located and what video standards are supported by your TV).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
vga card

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!