Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Equalizer app for PC? NOT player... EQUALIZER.

(!)

Member with 518 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-May-2010, 05:33 PM #1
Lightbulb Equalizer app for PC? NOT player... EQUALIZER.
I'm amazed that I cannot find a good stereo multiband EQ download that will simply popup and work with any/all audio that is routed to my systems audio device.... I find tons of freebie players, most of them lousy and intrusive and not at all filling the need. Whether its Youtube, Bloomberg videos, various 'tv show' sites, audio files/mp3's, movies, whatever.... i need an easy handy EQ widget that lets me adjust sound.

this kind of thing is more needed now than ever before due to the extreme diversity of audio capabilities out there on web media things. all over the map from the sublime to the ridiculous, and ridiculed.

anyone have a clue?

I downloaded one lone wolf that CLAIMED to fill the bill but it looks like a .dll plugin intended for some specific application not on my machine. That one was http://tda.tention.org/index.php?cat=tdae&dest=eq2008s and the notes say that it requires "SSE", whatever that is. If anyone can educate me....

need! help
Senior Member with 1,005 posts.

27-May-2010, 12:20 PM #2
SSE stands for "Streaming SIMD Extentions" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_SIMD_Extensions
Member with 518 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-May-2010, 12:53 PM #3
thx.
this is a real hole in a little niche, isn't it... I shall talk to my software developer friend and see if he can extract an EQ package from some of his audio stuff and put it out there el freebo...
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

27-May-2010, 01:25 PM #4
Something like what you envision may not be all that easy to implement. It would most likely need to be part of the sound card's driver and some drivers already include that capability. Some sort of add-on "filter" driver may also fit the bill, but the solution would most likely need to be hardware-based and not a software solution to work for all audio. Running audio through some sort of software filtering would also slow the data stream to the audio device.

Something along the lines of Total Recorder may also work. It actually replaces the normal sound drivers so that it can access the stream for recording, and then feeds the hardware through the normal driver.

It seems that many USB sound devices include equalization, as well as many high-end sound cards:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...15&lid=1003766

Last edited by Elvandil; 27-May-2010 at 01:33 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 1,240 posts.

29-May-2010, 06:14 AM #5
to reiterate what elvandil said, my realtek 7.1 hd soundcard has a software equalizer as well as many other audio functions included. works great, sounds even better!!
Senior Member with 1,005 posts.

29-May-2010, 11:16 AM #6
IIRC SoundBlaster cards have an equalizer also.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
audio equalizer, stereo eq

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!