Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Why does iTunes freeze when I sync my iPod Touch/iPhone?

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

10-Jul-2010, 10:18 PM #1
Unhappy Why does iTunes freeze when I sync my iPod Touch/iPhone?
im not sure if this is in the right area but Hello, i just got a new computer. it is running xp, has 120 HD, 250 backup, 2gb RAM, Nvidia graphics card. A good computer. the only problem is when i sync my iPod Touch 2G (with iOS4) or my iPhone 3G (also with iOS4) with iTunes (iTunes 9.2 [latest]) it freezes up. it'll get past apps and stuff, but once it gets to music it freezes. ive waited hours and nothing happens. on task manager it say "Not Responding". and ive done everything; reinstalled itunes, restored both devices, set itunes at low (then high) priority in task manager, did the same for Sync Service(s), ended the Sync Service(s) task, and more! NOTHING is working! PLZ help! give me as many solutions as possible. thank you!

its not in DFU mode. i already did that whole deal. idk what else to do!

OH! and to see what would happen, i ran music while syncing and it froze but the music continued to play. and i cant open itunes at all
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
11-Jul-2010, 02:07 AM #2
1) Open itunes BEFORE connecting ipod
2) Go to help and run diagnostics
3) Click check on device connectivity tests and device sync tests
4) Connect ipod and wait a few seconds
5) Click Next on diagnostics then Next again. You may have to try a couple times if the test doesn't start before it crashes again
above taken off apple site

however apparantly the best option is to attempt to just leave it to try and sync , once it has all will be resolved, try it without anything else running especially your anti virus
Junior Member with 4 posts.

11-Jul-2010, 02:04 PM #3
well ive tried that diagnosis test and it doesnt work at all. i did it like 8 times and nothing. and i've tried to let it just sit there and sync. i came back an hour later and nothing happened
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
11-Jan-2012, 02:39 PM #4
i have tried this and followed these steps but my itunes still freezes when it syncs i have the latest version of itues and i have windows 7
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jan-2012, 03:48 AM #5
i had the same problem the past week. I tried everything. The solution is very simple. You MUST insert the usb to a 2.0 usb port... yes simple as that.

Find the 2.0 usb port on your pc and you are done with this problem. Try all the ports if you dont know how to locate the 2.0 port (this is what i did)
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Feb-2012, 10:04 AM #6
Thank you hkypros changing the USB port (and nothing else) worked a charm. I cannot believe that I didn't just do that in the first place PC 101!!! lol

Last edited by LadyS039; 27-Feb-2012 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: More to add
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Mar-2012, 11:18 AM #7
My iPod cannot get synced, neither. When I plugin it, the message appears saying "iPod canot be synced, unknown error 13019". Is there anyone know what's the matter with it? Thx.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
freez, iphone, ipod, itunes, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!