Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: VLC Runtime problem

(!)

Member with 678 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Jul-2010, 06:11 PM #1
Solved: VLC Runtime problem
I installed VLC to my computer. I used to use it before I had to do a complete restoration to factory settings, with no problems. This time, I keep getting the following error message:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
If I click on a video on my HD, it will go ahead and play in VLC, with no problems, as long as I don't close the error message.

I have fully uninstalled it and rebooted then downloaded from another site, just in case it was a bad download, but have the same results.

At the VLC forum, there seems to be several people with this problem, but no real fixes that I can find.

Thanks for any advice.
Peg
Member with 1,668 posts.

13-Jul-2010, 04:00 AM #2
VLC has a strange behavior...

The first thing to do is to reset the VLC preferences in the preferences dialog of the application and restart VLC. If VLC doesn't even start anymore, delete VLC's configuration file Then restart VLC. If it does not get any better, read the HELP "FAQ" menu in VLC (see the previous question to know about its location).
Member with 1,668 posts.

13-Jul-2010, 04:14 AM #3
Member with 1,668 posts.

13-Jul-2010, 04:37 AM #4
Member with 678 posts.

13-Jul-2010, 06:57 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnebadbak View Post
Thank you for the help. I took the advice of some other posts on this page and installed VLC 1.0.5 and it worked perfectly. Will mark this one solved.

Again, Thank You
Peg
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!