Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

advanced audio control? (turn bass down on my PC)??

(!)

Member with 101 posts.

27-Jul-2010, 08:08 PM #1
advanced audio control? (turn bass down on my PC)??
Hi here's my situation. I'm using a computer right now with only two usb plugins. (The mouse and keyboard ports don't work) so I use a USB keyboard and mouse. The speakers I have require USB too, to power it.I could buy one that plugs into a A/C port instead or buy a USB hub but I really don't want to right now.

So what I'm using for sound right now is a subwoofer that plugs into an A/C port for power, it sounds like crap on youtube because there is obviously too much bass. But on windows media player where there is an equilizer, if I turn the two first bars down the sound actually comes out pretty good and clear.

Yeah, I'm a cheapass haha. But what I'm wondering is there some type of UNIVERSAL audio controller I can download where I can turn the bass down all the way so I can listen to stuff on youtube and everything else with clearity.. Really I just want to turn the bass all the way down but I don't think the audio control windows comes with has that option.

Peace.
Computer Specs
Member with 410 posts.

Experience: Programmer/Web Developer
28-Jul-2010, 05:25 AM #2
Depending on your sound hardware and driver, sometimes there is a separate configuration panel for your sound hardware and sometimes, e.g Realtek, a global EQ is provided.
Member with 101 posts.

31-Jul-2010, 12:38 AM #3
realtek isnt provided, just standard turn your volume, cd audio. line in..etc. up and down.
what i want is a global equalizer so i can listen to stuff on youtube with the bass, or whatever i want lowered.
am i **** outta luck?
Computer Specs
Member with 410 posts.

Experience: Programmer/Web Developer
31-Jul-2010, 05:08 AM #4
I am not aware of any programs that can do this - but do you know your sound hardware?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!