Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internet explorer only works in Safe Mode with Networking

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

29-Oct-2010, 07:50 PM #1
Internet explorer only works in Safe Mode with Networking
Hi, basically my Internet Explorer will keep on displaying the "Interet Explorer cannot display this webpage" error in Normal Mode. However, it works fine in Safe Mode with networking.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's really annoying as i do not want to have to use my computer in safe mode every time i want to go on the internet!

Thanks!
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,288 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Oct-2010, 08:18 PM #2
After booting into Windows normally, temporarily disable all but 1 antivirus suite or firewall and see if you can connect.

[Note: If you're not able to connect with only 1 running, try disabling that and see if you can connect. But know that your computer is very vulnerable if you do so. Only connect to a site such as Google's home page where you know you won't be susceptible to malicious content.]
Member with 1,938 posts.

29-Oct-2010, 08:36 PM #3
Does IE work OK if you use it without any add-ons?
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No add-ons)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!