Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Multimedia Multimedia
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Sound but no Picture when I play .MOV files

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Jan-2011, 01:38 AM #1
Sound but no Picture when I play .MOV files
I have imported video .mov files from a scan disk out of my digital video camera and saved the files. We can here the sound but we have no picture. We have tried playing on Windows Media and Quick time and Mr Presto Video player that cam with the camera but they all do the same thing. Is someone able to help with this please.
Member with 26 posts.

08-Jan-2011, 11:22 AM #2
You could also try VLC Media Player, Media Player Classic, SPlayer (Shooter player), and Media Cope. If no video is shown on any of them, it makes me think that the media file might be corrupted or the faulty part. Can you play it on the camera you captured the video with?

Last edited by AGTT; 08-Jan-2011 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add the links, and another program
Computer Specs

08-Jan-2011, 05:42 PM #3
Sound but no Picture
Yes it does play back on the video camera and I used to be able to transfer and make videos and watch them on my computer but I had to have it wiped recently and all software reloaded and since then have not been able to play any video from this camera.
Computer Specs
Member with 459 posts.

08-Jan-2011, 06:32 PM #4
.mov files are usually used by quick time but you still need the correct codec installed this page should supply the answers and download the codecs http://www.downloadatoz.com/codecs/w...-mov-codec.php
Computer Specs

09-Jan-2011, 05:05 AM #5
MOV files sound but no picture.
Thanks for the link it was most helpful. I ended up downloading DVX plus converter and the DVX player and I have been able to convert the files into video and watch them. It is great and I would recommend it to anyone having a similar problem.
Thanks for the tips everyone.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!