Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Having trouble getting the universal repeater mode to work on my edimax acces point?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2011, 12:44 PM #1
Angry Having trouble getting the universal repeater mode to work on my edimax acces point?
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so sorry if it sounds really stupid.

I have managed to get my Edimax ew7228apn access point in to 'Universal repeater' mode but I can not establish a connecting to the internet through it when I connect to the edimax via WiFi. I have entered the ESSID of my main router that I want it to get the connection from but there is no space to enter my WPA password for my main router. Is this why it is not repeating the signal?

This is all via the web interface by the way as I couldn't get the original setup software to recognize the AP. I'm also using a MacBook on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Sam
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,527 posts.

27-Jun-2011, 02:00 PM #2
I don't know if a Repeater needs the encryption key or not. Why not try w/o encryption (on the router) first? If that works then try WEP and WPA to see what works.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2011, 03:30 PM #3
Yeah I've just tried that but still no luck, having trouble connecting to the edimax via wifi now, just won't connect at all, on my Mac it says connection timeout and on my iPhone 'unable to connect'. Was fine before, have restarted, I can't think what has caused the connectivity problem..?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
edimax ew7228apn, universal repeater mode, wifi repeater, wireless range extender

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!