Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

None of your preferred networks are available

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

12-Jul-2011, 05:16 AM #1
None of your preferred networks are available
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.
whenever my mac book pro is woken up from sleep I get this message "None of your preferred networks are available".

I can see the router name "NETGEAR" on the list with a locked icon next to it and when I click on that it asks for a password (even though I have saved this information previously). So I enter the password and click join and it tries to connect but then says "connection timeout".

The only way around this is to turn the router off and on again and it connects -but as you can imagine this is a bit of a pain.

any help gratefully received.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,762 posts.

12-Jul-2011, 12:22 PM #2
I don't know MAC, but when similar happens with Windows I advise to make sure of the latest correct wireless driver; make sure of having the latest router firmware; reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

If that doesn't help the only solution is a different adapter and/or router. My workaround is to disconnect (or switch the integrated adapter off) before Standby/Sleep/Hibernation and then reconnect after the computer awakens.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!