Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Negear WG302 problem

(!)

crcook84 crcook84 is offline crcook84 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 285 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Jul-2011, 01:26 AM #1
Solved: Negear WG302 problem
I got a couple of Netgear WG302s when a company was throwing them out. I figured they were still useful so I updated and utilized them. Everything was working up until I plugged it into the network. I can connect to the internet using the access point. But, I am unable to administer it once I enable DHCP so that the router hands out addresses.

Last edited by crcook84; 22-Jul-2011 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Original problem resolved, utilizing to solve lesser problem
Senior Member with 505 posts.

08-Aug-2011, 09:05 AM #2
What IP address do you get when DHCP is on?
what IP address do you get when you can access the wireless network point?

I am guessing they are on different network ranges. When you can access the access point you have an IP and the same range as it. Once you enable DHCP on the router you get an IP address in a different range to the access point so you can no longer access it. This is computer networking basics. If you have a read of that you likely spot it yourself.
crcook84 crcook84 is offline crcook84 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 285 posts.

08-Aug-2011, 09:32 AM #3
I appologize for leaving this open. I had done some additional research and discovered that the certificates for the Netgear devices had gone up on the new year and were, pretty much, rendered uncertified. The only way to fix it was to, either, configure static addresses for the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and primary and secondary dns servers (disabling their chances of retrieving a certificate), or replace the firmware with something else. The Netgear is now working with a static IP address. It's not something I want to do because everything else on my network has a dynamic address. But, it works again.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
netgear, wg302, wireless, wireless access point

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!