Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Facebook Is not working on my computer but i can go to other sites

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jul-2011, 08:42 AM #1
Unhappy Facebook Is not working on my computer but i can go to other sites
for the past few days anytime i try to visit www.facebook.com a web page comes up and states (Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
Access a cached copy of www.*facebook.*com
Search on Google
i tried the suggestions and none of them worked.
i also even went by a few of my friends and went on facebook on their computer and it worked fine without error.... so i do not know why i am experiencing this problem...i also even called isp and they said that my internet is working fine when they checked it and that since i am able to browse other pages it is not their problem...can anyone please assist me in rectifying this problem
Computer Specs
Member with 261 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jul-2011, 09:40 AM #2
What version or type of internet browser are you using? If you are using IE 5.5 and higher, I would start off by deleting the temp records and empty the cache from your computer. I've been using Facebook for a few years and on 15 different computers and have had no problems with 4 different browsers. Also try to ping it. it seems that it just might, just might be a problem with your router/modem system. my 2 wire will occasionally show a bad gateway or a poor connection.

Check it out and keep up posted!
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jul-2011, 06:53 PM #3
at lex.luthor i am sorry i posted in the wrong forum this is the link to the other forum.... please post on this one http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...ml#post8018194
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
facebook web load page, internet, network problems

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!