Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connection to Internet Keeps Resetting Itself

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Aug-2011, 04:23 AM #1
Connection to Internet Keeps Resetting Itself
Hi,

For the past 3 days, my connection to the internet has been resetting itself.

I get the following message: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few minutes.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

Now, this happens with only certain sites. The sites it mainly happens to are Playlist.com, MyYearbook.com, and Vampirefreaks.com. I can be on youtube and facebook, and it will be perfectly fine. But once I go to one of the other 3 sites, I get that message, and it completely makes me incapable of browsing the web. I'm forced to close out of everything, and wait at least 5-10 minutes.

I've looked around seeing what could be the problem. I've deleted cookies, cache, temporary internet files. I've made sure Firefox was permitted to access the web; used a different browser. Nothing helps. I even did system restoration, but all it did was take me back exactly 3 days ago, when the problem first began.

I use a lap top, called Asus. It's a 64-bit, Windows 7 operated. I connect to my parents' internet. Our service provider is Comcast. We called them to see if they were having a problem and they said no, everything was perfectly fine on their end; and they refreshed the modem, or whatever you call it.

Sorry this is long, I was just trying to be descriptive as possible. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not good with computers at all. Thank you.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,446 posts.

28-Aug-2011, 09:25 AM #2
Please show the following for when internet access is working well and also for when you are "incapable of browsing the web."

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connection, issue, network, problem, reset

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!