Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

PLEASE HELP??? 2nd time posting this...

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Sep-2011, 01:49 PM #1
PLEASE HELP??? 2nd time posting this...
Can someone PLEASE help me? I am desperate... Be gentle I am new to using a MAC

Ok I am running 3 computers on my newtork

1. Desktop running windows vista which has the linksys router and comcast cable modem hard wired to it... this computer is mainly for printer sharing as I do not have a wireless printer at this time

2. IMac running Lion OSX 10

3. Dell Vostro 1510 laptop running windows 7 home premium

My issue is this. Up until last week I was not having any issues, this is important! I have always been able to access my mac via the network under windows explorer to watch moveis, transfer files etc. Last Thursday I installed Lion on the Mac and everything was working fine. On Sunday I turned off the Mac to move it to a different room and when I turned it back on I was not able to see it from any of the other computers on the network... I can see both of the PC's under finder on the mac but I cannot see the mac from the PC's... I did not change any settings on any of the computers it just decided to stop working. I called apple support about this thinking it must be a Lion issue but they went through every setting with me and found that it was set up correctly. I then called Microsoft and they did the same thing although I will admit that they were pretty clueless compared to the people at Apple. I am at my wits end here can anyone help me?

Here is info from TSG Sysinfo:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5670 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3062 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228178 MB, Free - 96185 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 9249 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0M277C, , .8F4VWF1.CN129618CI0447.
Antivirus: None
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,425 posts.

18-Sep-2011, 03:32 PM #2
Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
apple, networking, windows 7 32 bit

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!