Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how to play nfs most wanted using wifi lan

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Nov-2011, 07:12 AM #1
Question how to play nfs most wanted using wifi lan
i have a laptop and a desktop and i would really like to play nfs most wanted against my brother....i have no clue where to start...i have a modem that my isp provided then i have a d-link wireless router connected to the modem...the router has 4 ports which i can use to connect 4 computers...on port 1 i have a cable connected from port 1 on the router to the back of my desktop so i am connected to the internet on my desktop.then my laptop is connected to the wireless router also...so i am connected to the internet on my laptop..on both my computers i have windows 7 installed..what steps should i take in order to play nfs most wanted wirelessly over lan...\\

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3562 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461555 MB, Free - 363871 MB; D: Total - 15079 MB, Free - 1673 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 88 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 169B
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
zx10guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 4,066 posts.

23-Nov-2011, 09:38 AM #2
Lasko2,

I got your PM.

If both computers are accessing the internet without problems, then they both should be able to communicate to each other over your internal network. I am not familiar with the game you're trying to set up so I can't provide any detailed help there. But if you're able to do a ping to each other (laptop to desktop and vice versa) then there shouldn't be anything stopping the game from setting up a peer to peer connection. If you can't get the pings to work, then you need to look at other possible causes. One of the most common issue that causes this is having Windows Firewall or some other software firewall running on your computer. Look to see if any software firewall is turned on and disable it to see if this fixes your gaming issue.
Computer Specs

23-Nov-2011, 09:41 AM #3
i have enabled file sharing and connected both computers already...we share files but i do not know how to connect lan..on my laptop it say wifi connected lan not connected
zx10guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 4,066 posts.

23-Nov-2011, 09:47 AM #4
If you have file sharing working between the two computers, then the network configuration on both PCs are correct. Beyond this, I don't know as you'll need to research what you need to do with the game to get a gaming server and client configured.
Computer Specs

23-Nov-2011, 09:47 AM #5
kk thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!