Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

D-Link DI-524 Error Message 112

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Dec-2011, 06:19 PM #1
D-Link DI-524 Error Message 112
I am trying to set up a wireless connection through a D-Link DI-524 router that I've had for several years. I am attempting to set this up on my HP Pavilion g6 computer, running Windows 7. I've downloaded the installer from the D-Link website (this installer is said to work with the DI-524 router), and follow all the instructions. Every time I do, I get "Error 112 - Incorrect Router", which says:

"Quick Router Setup does not detect a supported D-Link router. You can use this wizard only with selected D-Link routers.
Make sure that the Ethernet cable from your computer is connected to blue port number 1 on the back of the router. Then, click Retry. (I have done this several times.)
Please check on the D-Link website to see if there is a firmware upgrade available for your router."

I would rather not try to mess around with a firmware upgrade unless I have to. I thought I'd check in here and see if there's something I'm doing wrong, or if the router's incompatible with Windows 7 or something else on my computer, or something else. Here's the TSG SysInfo result, in case it'll help:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4043 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1797 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 591541 MB, Free - 550634 MB; D: Total - 14673 MB, Free - 1634 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1108 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1695
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Thanks in advance
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,263 posts.

02-Dec-2011, 09:36 PM #2
Quote:
see if there's something I'm doing wrong
Yes, you are trying to use some "wizard" or "installer." Just login to the router and configure it. Consult the user manual if needed.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!