Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Networking OKI Microline 320 Turbo from Windows 7 to XP

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Feb-2012, 05:26 PM #1
Networking OKI Microline 320 Turbo from Windows 7 to XP
At my office we do business that requires us to use a OKI Microline 320 Turbo printer. We have had the two computers set up to be able to both print off this printer with no issues until recently. The computer which was hooked up directly to the printer crashed, and we replaced it. Until this point both computers were running off Windows XP Pro, but the new computer is running Windows 7. I can find the printer on the XP computer, but it says that the driver on the printer's server is incorrect, and asks me to direct it to the proper driver. This is where I'm having issues, I know the driver is on here as this computer was connected to this printer before, and when I try downloading the driver direct from the website it tells me that the driver is native to the XP, but now it won't recognize the driver and I don't know where to direct it to. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Member with 299 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Feb-2012, 04:37 AM #2
Install printer on computer to which printer connected physicaly, ensure what it printing. Share this printer again and from other computer connect to this shared printer. Looks like windows XP have driver for this printer by default, so no additional actions should be needed. If it will not work with integrated winxp driver, try to download driver for Windows 2000 from official site. Also i see what availabe drivers for both win7 64 and 32 bit, so no problems expected at all.
http://my.okidata.com/PP-ML320Turbo.nsf?opendatabase

Last edited by xalerik; 14-Feb-2012 at 04:45 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 1,852 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Feb-2012, 09:19 AM #3
You need to be sure to have drivers compatible with Windows 7 installed, also.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!