Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Axesstel MV240 usb modem and cradelpoint router

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-May-2012, 10:52 PM #1
Axesstel MV240 usb modem and cradelpoint router
Hey guys, I am new here and do not know a whole lot compared to reading some of the posts on here. There are a lot of knowledgable people on here and hopefully some one can help me out. This may be a stupid question. I have a cradelpoint mbr800 wireless router and an axesstel mv240 usb modem. The modem works fine when plugged straight into my computer, but if I plug it straight in to my router the lights light up like it is aquiring and then go dark. And this cycle just keeps repeating. Now when I plug the usb modem in to my computer I have to push to connect on the start up manager before I can get on the internet. Is this why It will not work plugged straigh in to the router? and if so is there anything I can do to get it to connect through the router? I also can not get to the router admin to look at or change the settings. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,618 posts.

08-May-2012, 02:51 PM #2
Maybe I did not look closely enough or maybe the list is out of date, but I do not see Axesstel MV240 on this list of modems compatible with the Cradelpoint mbr800. Are you sure that it is compatible?
Member with 3 posts.

08-May-2012, 03:02 PM #3
Yes it is on the list under Cellcom for the carrier.
Computer Specs

08-May-2012, 03:35 PM #4
Good; glad to say I may not have looked closely enough.

Why cannot you login to the router? I'm guessing you have to do some configuration (similar to whatever the start up manager does on the computer). I haven't worked with these routers or services, so I probably cannot help beyond the login to the router (if even that much).
Member with 3 posts.

08-May-2012, 03:39 PM #5
It took me a while to find it as well! It gives me the 192.168.0.1 address to type in my internet browser to login (just like an ordinary router) but when I do it either says internet explorer cannot display webpage (when I dont have an internet connection just an ethernet cord running to router) or when I have the usb modem plugged into my computer along with the ethernet cord going to the router and type in that address the webpage acts like it is loading but the stays on my homepage and nothing happens. If I am at another house that has a qwest dsl router and try the same exact steps, It brings me to the qwest router set up page but not my cradelpoints. Thanks for the response
Computer Specs

08-May-2012, 04:13 PM #6
For a connection to the router please show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
router, usb modem

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!