Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cisco Linksys Router Problems

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-May-2012, 05:13 PM #1
Exclamation Cisco Linksys Router Problems
So I called Centurylink/tel which is our Internet Service Provider, she helped me through many procedures, but none of which actually resolved the issue. I plugged the Modem directly into the computer, which helps with the internet access for this computer, but we need Internet Access for This one, and 2 others in the household which has worked for almost 8 years now. The lady at Centurylink said that it will probably have to be reconfigured. I looked up how on Google, and found this:

"f)Open an Internet explorer and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and then hit enter

g)It will prompt for an username an password. After typing in the username(admin) and password(admin).Click the "OK"

Here is my problem, when I put in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, it immediately takes me to a Centurytel "Firewall Page" with on the top it says "Main, Diagnostics, Update, Setup, Network, Firewall Settings, Help" I logged in on the "update" page and it says Connect, Disconnect. This is what the lady told us to do to connect, but it's not prompting for a "Admin Admin" login, it is our old login for Centurylink instead.

I need to know how to reconfigure this ASAP as these computers are commonly used for business purposes aswell, Centurylink said they could not help us reconfigure.

The Router is a Cisco Linksys, I -THINK- the Model Number is DB101520

Thank you!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,524 posts.

13-May-2012, 07:58 PM #2
Quote:
Here is my problem, when I put in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, it immediately takes me to a Centurytel "Firewall Page" ...
And you double checked that one end of the ethernet cable is connected to the computer and the other end to the Linksys? If so, is the Linksys connected to anything else, and if so, how?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,852 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-May-2012, 08:33 PM #3
IP Address conflict probably.

You said the modem's IP address is 192.168.1.1

The usual default IP Address for Cisco/Linksys routers is 192.168.1.1.
Youu would need to change the IP address of the router to something else like 192.168.0.1.
This is found under LAN settings in the router.
Could give more detailed instructions with exact Linksys model information.

That number, DB101520, does not look like a Cisco/Linksys router model number.

For the E-Series it would be under the Cisco logo on the top of the router.
For other models, on a tag on the bottom or side with the words Model No.
Attached Thumbnails
Cisco Linksys Router Problems-e3200-modelnumber.jpg   Cisco Linksys Router Problems-wrt54g_modelnumber-0.jpg   Cisco Linksys Router Problems-wrt54gx4_modelnumber-0.jpg   Cisco Linksys Router Problems-befsr41_modelnumber-0.jpg  
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cisco, linksys, problem, problems, router

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!