Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: IP protocol stack binding: running out of ideas!

(!)

Member with 7 posts.

15-May-2012, 03:48 PM #16
WAHOOOOO!! Back in the game, the nuclear option worked like a charm! Thanks everyone for your input.

As an aside, reinstalling Windows 7 is soooo easy, I had no idea it could be that simple.

Start > Control Panel > search for Recovery > Advanced recovery methods
Then click on Return Windows to original settings > Reinstall Windows.

It'll prompt to backup your files though I backed mine up on an external hard drive as an extra precaution. Took a couple of hours and all is well.

P.S. I'm still going to drink that whisky
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,893 posts.

15-May-2012, 04:28 PM #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalmonLeaping View Post
WAHOOOOO!! Back in the game, the nuclear option worked like a charm! Thanks everyone for your input.

As an aside, reinstalling Windows 7 is soooo easy, I had no idea it could be that simple.

Start > Control Panel > search for Recovery > Advanced recovery methods
Then click on Return Windows to original settings > Reinstall Windows.

It'll prompt to backup your files though I backed mine up on an external hard drive as an extra precaution. Took a couple of hours and all is well.

P.S. I'm still going to drink that whisky
You've earned it
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jun-2012, 04:36 AM #18
Same problem here
I've managed to fix this by setting the WLAN autoconfig service to auto. For some reason mine was disabled. Once I did that then windows installed the mini port adapter and WIFI was working. I hardly use wifi so I am not sure what caused the WLAN service to get disabled or even when. My theory is that the driver package disables Windows WLAN autoconfig so you are able to use the manufacture's program. I am running a 2 month old install of Windows 7 64bit home. with an Intel 6150 wifi/wimax card. I get so much help from these forums (and the internet in general) that I decided to finally make a contribution. I hope this save someone from going nuclear! Thanks for all your help!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
adapter, drivers, firewall, netsh, tcp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!