Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Router issues

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-May-2012, 02:52 AM #1
Exclamation Router issues
Hello everybody,

Today a bought a brand new Netgear WNR2000 router. Upon setup the wifi was working correctly. All of the lights where active and it seemed everything was in order.

Because the power cord was in the way I moved it and plugged it into a different powerpoint. From then onwards my router has not been working. Only three of seven lights are active (green).

I have tried unplugging and replugging all network cords. I have also turned it on and back off, reset the router and run the initial installation program thrice.

What should I do now? Nothing so far has effected it. The computer I am installing it on is running Windows XP and the laptop I intend to use the wifi on is Windows 7.

Thank you in advance,
Gary
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
23-May-2012, 02:59 AM #2
"Installation program"? Not sure what that would be, but you would be well advised not to install anything and use Windows networking to manage connectivity.

You could try a full reset (holding down the reset button at least a full minute), but you should probably return it. Hopefully, you have tried it with everything unplugged.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
netgear, router, wifi

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!