Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

dont know if am being hacked into my laptop through my own network

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-May-2012, 05:22 PM #1
dont know if am being hacked into my laptop through my own network
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5995 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1226 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 696869 MB, Free - 653516 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE50_HR
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

I have recently been having problems connected to internet sometimes when i do it just freezes and my desktop picture changes itself. I have done a copy of my ipconfig and print route and other things related to the computer, My anti virus keeps reporting Autoscan changes and new peer conections through Wi-Fi and also network access detected with ip address which isnt mines when i checked it. I really aint sure if i have a problem am thinking that the subnets are needing fixed or someone has remote access to my computer i have changed all passwords on our router and turned off file sharing and havent joined a home group . Can please someone please help me thanks

Attached Files
File Type: docx ipconfig.all.docx (2.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: docx 3G.docx (6.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: docx USB3.docx (12.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: txt route.print.txt (4.1 KB, 57 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 5,621 posts.

26-May-2012, 06:50 PM #2
What antivirus are you using?

Quote:
keeps reporting Autoscan changes and new peer conections through Wi-Fi and also network access detected with ip address which isnt mine
What is an Autoscan change ? Is it some setting within your antivirus program ?

It is odd that an antivirus detects network access with a new ip, do you mean your PC's ip address has changed? Or do you mean there is a new ip address on the network? Usually I would expect that a router may be capable of detecting new ips in a network, not an antivirus.

A new peer connection is bad news. Desktop wallpaper changes sounds suspicious.

Bear in mind that changing passwords on a compromised computer means nothing, as most likely the hackers will have installed a keylogger.

How many PCs are there in your network?

Last edited by lunarlander; 26-May-2012 at 06:57 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-May-2012, 07:29 PM #3
hi thanks am using bitdefender anti virus i got with the laptop about 5 weeks ago. Its acually the settings which are enabled are antivirus, antispam; parental control; privacy control .network map, the update, and a safe to go and the firewall on the anti virus which is reporting the faults showing up as events i will give u an example
Event Type: New peer detected
A new WI-Fi peer detected with the IP 192.168.1.68
another 1 A new peer detected with IP 192.168.1.254
same again with IP FE80:0000:0000:0000:39CE:2380

the other 1 that has me worried was the warning about
Network access detected
The program c:\windows\syswow64\msiexec.exe attemped to connect to the internet The program was using the protcol TCP on port 50211

i have added on a print out of the device manager there are unknown devices installed and as i look through the system i see loads files of history cookies and roaming offline web pages which i cant access. I regularly delete all my history from the laptop and cookies and abode and i always make sure am not able to be connected remotely.

I am currently running the BT hub i have 3 laptops from it and a ps3 which we all get problems connecting at times we have to reboot the modem.
i also did a performance check and that came back saying my grapics and sound was been used by another program which i dont understand. I have made up the recovery disc but i aint sure if i do that it will fix the problems or to contact BT any advice would be so gratefull on how to solve this
Thanks x
when i check the internet wireless proreties its says that IPv4 connectitivty internet
IPv6 Conn no internet access
no WLAN is coming up cicso compatible eXtensions connection settings enabled

Last edited by Traceym77; 26-May-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 5,621 posts.

26-May-2012, 10:49 PM #4
Quote:
c:\windows\syswow64\msiexec.exe attemped to connect to the internet
msiexec is the installer for any msi packaged programs. Check the date of that firewall log entry and see if you have installed anything on that date. If so, then there is nothing to worry about as many installers go online to fetch updates or check for newer versions.

You said you changed the router passwords, did that include changing the WiFi WPA2 key? Did any new peers appear after you changed the WPA2 key ? New routers support WPA2, older routers support WEP. Use WEP only as a last resort, as it is easily cracked.

Quote:
A new WI-Fi peer detected with the IP 192.168.1.68
This ip appears to be within the range that your DHCP server gives out, as it is right next to your ip 192.168.1.67. Check all your laptops and PS3 to see what ip they are using.

Quote:
A new peer detected with IP 192.168.1.254
This 254 ip is the ip of your router, nothing to worry about. Your router ip address is given in your ipconfig document, labeled as Default Gateway. Maybe Bitdefender listed it as a 'new' peer because you rebooted the router.

Last edited by lunarlander; 26-May-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 5,621 posts.

29-May-2012, 04:53 PM #5
As for your desktop wallpaper picture changing by itself, in my Windows 7 Ultimate, in the desktop background screen, I can checkmark more than 1 picture, and below there is a option to 'change picture every 30 mins' and 'shuffle' option.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hardware and networking, network adapters, remote access, window 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!