Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Issues with Modem and/or router

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Jun-2012, 01:38 PM #1
Issues with Modem and/or router
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but for some reason, none of my wireless devices can connect to my router. My modem, which is a Scientific Atlanta modem, seems to be working normally. Except for the light marked "Send", it isn't on. All the other lights are flashing but that one. My Belkin router's light is green, which means it's working fine. Now, whenever I load a page on my PC, the "Send" light flashes for a second or so, then it's off again. I just really want to know what's wrong with it and how to fix it, so that my wireless devices (iPhone, Laptop, PS3, etc.) can connect to my WiFi.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,386 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jun-2012, 02:10 PM #2
Hi Aduro, and welcome to TSG.

It would help us to help you if we knew the model numbers and possible any hardware version numbers of the modem and router and exactly how they are connected to each other. A typical home router has several indicator lights and knowing one of them is green does not help us a whole lot. Can you please tell us the status of all lights on the modem and router?

Has this set-up ever worked?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,395 posts.

15-Jun-2012, 04:16 PM #3
Also, what is the normal (working) state for the Send LED on the modem? If the Send on my Motorola modem were not a steady green it would mean I have no connection to my ISP, so w.r.t. internet access my Wi-Fi network would be irrelevant.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
modem, network, router, send, wifi

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!