Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

wifi disconnecting

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jun-2012, 04:44 PM #1
wifi disconnecting
My laptop will not stay connected to wifi for more than a few seconds before 'limited access' appears.
It connects and disconnects repetitively.
i have a 3mobile wireless dongle. Other laptops stay connected no problem and i am always beside the dongle with full coverage.
if i click the network icon several times on the bottom right it reconnects for a few seconds again,
I have discovered that if i run 'funkypool' in the background the connection generally stays, but not 100%, but 90% anyway.
this may possibly be because its java and always refreshing itself i think.
it doesn't matter whether or not im plugged in or using battery but i did change the controls for automatically putting the wireless to sleep mode so i doubt that unless ive done it wrong. my laptop is 5 months old. trouble shooting does not raise any issues. any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited by Junomk; 26-Jun-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,522 posts.

26-Jun-2012, 04:51 PM #2
The mobile wireless may be interfering with your Wi-Fi. Try the Wi-Fi without the mobile wireless "dongle."
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jun-2012, 04:57 PM #3
Sorry i should have mentioned this happens with any wifi ive tried. home router or portable wifi,
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
disconnect, limited access, toshiba, wifi, wlan

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!