Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Slow Internet Connection on a Computer

(!)

Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Jun-2012, 12:25 PM #1
Slow Internet Connection on a Computer
Hello I have a HP w1907v with a slow internet.

Here are my computer details:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 3
RAM: 4093 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465351 MB, Free - 161454 MB; D: Total - 11585 MB, Free - 1075 MB;
Motherboard: OEM_MB, NARRA3
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled

I go on Command Prompt and type in 'ping <my ip> -t' and my ping is quite low. However when I go to something like YouTube, my ping goes super high! It jumps up to 1000. Also when I go on any website at all, my ping goes super high. It happens mainly on websites which have flash on it. I have a Belkin F6D4050 Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter. I thought it was the USB but it wasn't, because when I put the USB into another computer, the internet was fine. The ping didn't skyrocket or anything. It was constantly low. I don't think it's my modem because it's quite near me. So what could the problem be?
Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jun-2012, 12:35 PM #2
Have you tried defragmenting your computer? Sometimes after you've been on the web deleted or downloaded files it creates not just one file but several. This you can fix by defragmenting. Defragmenting takes those files and puts them back together therefore letting your computer run faster.
Go to start, All programs, Accessories, System tools, Disc defragment. From there Click defrag and depending on the fragments it will take 30 min to and hour. Also try disc clean up.
Member with 5 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 04:40 PM #3
Didn't really do anything about the ping in command prompt. It has continued to have high ping and "Requested timed out". Any other solution?
Member with 5 posts.

29-Jun-2012, 12:06 PM #4
Please reply. Thanks.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
internet, one computer, ping, slow, usb

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!