Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connecting one printer on two networks

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jul-2012, 11:11 AM #1
Smile Connecting one printer on two networks
My OS: Windows 7 64-bit

So basically I need to hook up a HP LaserJet P2015 to a business and home network.
HP LaserJet P2015 user guide (pg. 119 might help, PDF format): http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/...11.pdf#page119

I would like to keep the printer's ip static so it will stay the same on each network individually.

I am using a business router (Linksys RV120 W Wirless-N VPN Firewall) with two VLAN (business and home network) built using this router. Also I have two access points both being used to expand this signal through out the building, but not as an extender. They are two Linksys WAP54G access points. The access points are used to expand the home network, and not the business network.

Linksys RV120W Admin Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rout...120w_admin.pdf

How would I go about putting this together so that the laserjet will be accessible on both networks without allowing other devices "leak" into each other?

Thank you for your time.
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jul-2012, 12:06 PM #2
Also, the majority of the computer on the business network is hard wired, and the home network is wireless.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cisco, linksys, printer, subnets, two networks

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!