Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: gigaset SE567 Create Password Problem

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2012, 03:38 PM #1
Angry Solved: gigaset SE567 Create Password Problem
I am on my gigaset router management page. Ive gone to home network tab, clicked advanced settings, then clicked Configure the Local Gateway Wireless Network. Inside, my security mode is at "disable security". I click begin wireless wizard and the first page is already setup for me so I click next and the page it brings me to gives me the option to change my security mode from "disable security" to "wep 64-bits" or "wep 128 bits". There are two other options also. "wpa-psk tkip" and "wpa2-psk aes". Which should i select? It is telling me "These settings must be identical to your wireless client devices." Ive tried them all and nothing seems to be working. I have tried the 64 and 128 bit options but when Im asked to make a password and select a 64 bit key(1-4) and hit next, it takes me right to the same page i was just on. If I type a password and simply click "finish" it does lock my wireless network, but wont let any wireless devices get on and says the password is incorrect. I would like to thank whoever has the headache from reading this and hope you give me an answer, or at least some help. thanks.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,966 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 03:52 PM #2
The strongest encryption is WPA2-PSK AES. However, if you have a device more than two or three years old it will not support that so use WPA-PSK TKIP. WPA has not been broken. With either use a strong passphrase (most importantly not a dictionary word).

Only bother with WEP if you have an ancient device that, even with a driver update, will not support WPA.
Member with 3 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 03:55 PM #3
Ok Ive selected wpa-psk tkip and hit next. it is now asking me to enter a "shared key" and the group key renewal is set to 3600 seconds. what do i do from there? and thank you for your help!
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2012, 04:01 PM #4
For "shared key" enter "T3rryN3t # 1" (w/o the quotes). Seriously, enter any passphrase there you want and best to use combination of upper and lower case and numbers and special characters. I like to use something I can remember for a day or two w/o looking for where I wrote it down under the router. That passphrase is what you will enter when prompted when you try to connect computers and other devices to your wireless network

The default 3600 seconds for group key renewal is fine.
Member with 3 posts.

16-Jul-2012, 04:07 PM #5
oh i see, the shared key is my password. Thank you so much!! My problem is solved!
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2012, 05:09 PM #6
You're welcome.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!