Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Combining two totally different networks

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
10-Aug-2012, 02:42 PM #1
Combining two totally different networks
I am trying to work out a way of combining two networks from two (Internet Service Providers or ISPs. One network is for Internet, and the second one is for CCTV cameras. Both networks exist and are working independently, each with its own servers. I want to re-design the whole system such that at any one time t, a supervisor with an Internet connection in his office can be able to see what is happening on cctv cameras without contacting the cctv personnel.
Can any one put there help me to see how the redesign can be possible?
Computer Specs
Member with 55 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Aug-2012, 10:30 PM #2
If I might ask, why have two separate networks?

Might want to try VNC or Remote Desktop (not sure how to connect outside of a LAN)

Otherwise (not sure if it would work) if the CCTV server has multiple NICs, you could have two adapter settings. One NIC would be on the CCTV-ISP and the other NIC would have an IP address (private [192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, not public) for the INTERNET-ISP

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 11:15 PM #3
Thanx for the reply. Now, the original design had two separate networks as I had pointed out earlier, but I am trying to redesign the same such that atleast some selected offices with internet can be able to view the cctv cameras. For now, these cameras cannot be viewed on Internet.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
11-Aug-2012, 01:19 AM #4
Didn't you say the cam network was not connected to the internet? How could anyone then view the cams on the internet?

And why would you want to view the cams through the internet instead of directly?
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 4,082 posts.

11-Aug-2012, 07:43 AM #5
So I'm a bit unclear. The network with the CCTV cameras, is there an Internet connection? If so, what's the purpose of the Internet connection? Was it to allow connectivity to the cameras across the Internet? If so, what is the network setup for the CCTV network?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

12-Aug-2012, 03:57 AM #6
Sorry, I was a bit offline. Now, I pointed out clearly that there are two independent ISPs. One ISP (ISP 1) provides Internet to all the offices, and the other (ISP 2) strictly provides network connectivity for transmitting data from the CCTV cameras. But now, I am trying to redesign the system such that even a few selected offices served by ISP 1 can also be able to view what data transmitted from the CCTV cameras.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 4,082 posts.

12-Aug-2012, 05:39 AM #7
So I'm assuming the circuit being provided by ISP 2 is a dedicated leased line. I'm also assuming that the other end of that circuit terminates to one of your offices. What does the network topology look like?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!