Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connection issues with gaming

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Aug-2012, 08:04 AM #1
Connection issues with gaming
I should start by saying these problems only started occurring less than a month ago, before then I had no problems with my connection.

Recently, I've been having a huge issue with the connection quality in gaming, be it on PC, Xbox, or anything really. When playing games such as Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike GO or Awesomenauts on my computer, there will be intermittent pausing/rubber-banding despite my ping usually being between 10-30ms. This is constant, restarting the router causes no change, and nor does using an ethernet cable instead of wireless.

It's not just a computer issue (which makes me think it can't be a virus, can it?), but when trying to play Mass Effect 3 on my Xbox 360, I have a very strange issue. After turning the game on, loading it up and going into multiplayer for the first time, when I try and search for a game after 15 seconds it will say "you have lost connection to the Mass Effect 3 servers", exit to the main menu and then my Xbox will disconnect from Xbox live (which is very strange). I found a temporary work around, in which if I unplug the Xbox from the internet physically, and plug it back in and reconnect to live, I'll be able to find and play ONE match (with large amount of lag, pausing and rubberbanding) and then it will do the same. Very odd.

I've done a speed and ping test because initially I thought it was a packet issue, but this says I'm losing 0% packets.

Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2126575687.png - 13.84mb/s download, 0.72mb/s upload, 26ms ping.

Pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/result/68188346.png - 23ms ping, 2ms jitter, 0% packet loss

The only thing that seems low to me is the upload speed, but I'm not sure if that would affect anything, and if it did how to fix it.

I did the TSG SysInfo thing as well, which is:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1415359 MB, Free - 1048698 MB;
Motherboard: Foxconn, H61MXL/H61MXL-K

Anyone have any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

19-Aug-2012, 03:21 PM #2
Bump for some help?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

25-Aug-2012, 05:13 AM #3
Bump
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connection, gaming, internet, lag, ping

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!