Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Can't get printer to print!!!

(!)

Member with 476 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Aug-2012, 07:46 PM #1
Solved: Can't get printer to print!!!
I'm about ready to lose it here as I've tried to find an answer on the net and have spent way too much time with this to no avail. I have an HP L7590 printer I'm trying to hook up to my wife's computer so she can print from it. Her desktop computer and the printer are in the same room and I know I should probably just get a long usb cable and hook it up to her Vista machine when she needs to print but I've been trying to network it so she can just print easily.

I have the Ethernet cable running from the printer to the Motorola SBG6580 modem. The modem is hard wired directly to her desktop and I just use my laptop wireless. I have Win7 on my laptop. I've configured all the network connections and we are sharing. Her desktop does see the printer both wirelessly and stand alone connected. I've tried to connect both ways but no joy. I've even been able to do a test print from her machine but that's all it will print for some reason. It looks as if it will run the print and it shows the printer icon in her taskbar but it won't print. Any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 89 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 02:38 AM #2
Try updating your printers drivers. Find your printer model on the manufactures website & download drivers. If that does not work try using a different word processor like: http://www.openoffice.org/
Member with 499 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 05:14 AM #3
It almost sounds like you know that the printer does print using a USB cable. If that is the case, the printer must be deleted from the printers folder, then connected to Ethernet, then drivers installed (preferably from new download from HP). A current USB connection must be removed before switching to an Ethernet connection.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=3643612#N1217
Member with 476 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 09:38 AM #4
Well I found out after all the pain that the printer wasn't even working off my laptop so that might be part of the issue. So I reinstalled as a wireless connection and it seems to work fine through my laptop. I will try to connect through her Vista machine soon.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!