Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Wireless Internet Access problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Sep-2012, 06:25 AM #1
Wireless Internet Access problem
Thanks guys for your good work. I use a laptop of 64-bit OS, Windows 7 Intel Core i3CPU. I have been using a Wireless Internet connection for some time now, but this morning my computer won't just connect. It shows the icon, and shows me that there's a connection from the Livebox. When I click on it to connect (please note that I have been accessing internet without having to connect every time I switch on the computer), it asks for network security key but when I enter the key it says "Windows was unable to connect to Livebox".

I have tried using the options given by windows but still it doesn't work. Anyone, please help.

Many thanks in advance.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,675 posts.

08-Sep-2012, 08:05 AM #2
I would remove the wireless profiles and try again - Note all existing wireless network password will be lost and have to be re-entered - see below

have you tried a powercycle - see below

have you tried logging into the router and removing the password and see if it will connect with NO password - if so , log in again and put the password back on

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networki...ofile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router
  • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
  • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
  • Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
  • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Next switch on the router (if a seperate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
wireless

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!