Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internet Freezes 5-6 seconds every few minutes, then resumes

(!)

Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jan-2005, 08:01 PM #1
Internet Freezes 5-6 seconds every few minutes, then resumes
Hey everyone,

I've had this problem for awhile now and I think it's time I seek some advice on how to fix it. What is happening is that whenever I'm on the Internet using my browser, SSH client, etc. the Internet program freezes for about 5 or 6 seconds, and then resumes again. This happens every few minutes.

For example, I'm editing an HTML file in my SSH shell using vi and the screen freezes for about 5 seconds, then it continues with whatever I typed during that span. This also happens in IE - I'll be browsing and then when I go to a new page, sometimes it will site there, taking 5-6 seconds, pausing before it loads the page when it should load immediately.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to cure it? It can be maddening since I design websites all day and it slows me down. Could this be a NIC card problem? Thanks in advance!
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jan-2005, 09:39 PM #2
Please don't start another thread for the same problem. Reply to your other thread.

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/318997-internet-freezes-5-6-seconds.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!