Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Client lease time???

(!)

Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Dec-2005, 11:47 PM #1
Unhappy Client lease time???
Hello

What is a client lease time and what should it be set at? I continuously have a problem w/ my desktop dropping internet connectivity after 1 day (it's directly wired to a new Linksys broadband router) and just noticed that my client lease time is set to 0. Should it be set to something else? Can I somehow change the settings so that the client lease time is never up? I don't exactly understand what the client lease time is, and I don't really want to continue to deal w/ my connectivity dropping consistently.

I've posted here a day or two ago w/ the connectivity problem and received a few responses...before I try their suggestions I just thought I'd ask about this whole client lease time thing and whether or not this alone may be the cause of my connectivity problem. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

16-Dec-2005, 09:17 AM #2
Please don't post duplicates on the same problem. Check the responses in your original post. http://forums.techguy.org/networking...n-problem.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!