Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Ethernet Driver Problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-May-2006, 08:08 AM #1
Ethernet Driver Problems
Hi,

I upgraded from 98SE to XP Home but now my network card is not working anymore (yellow light). So I downloaded the DriverGuide Toolkit, result: no drivers installed for Ethernet Controller [3Com/Albatron 3C910], Multimedia Audio Controller & Video Controller. I did a search for the correct Ethernet driver and downloaded 3C910 {3CSOHO100B-TX compatible, 100% positive feedback}, which fixed the audio as I could not play any music before.

I am a bit puzzled why the network card is still not working and what to download next, maybe a Bios update would do the trick?

Thanks for your help!
C
Trusted Advisor with 19,645 posts.

09-May-2006, 08:16 AM #2
Is this a brand name computer? Have you tried going to their website and looking for the correct driver? Are you sure it is a 3com nic? Open up the computer and check.
Computer Specs

09-May-2006, 08:30 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squashman
Is this a brand name computer? Have you tried going to their website and looking for the correct driver? Are you sure it is a 3com nic? Open up the computer and check.
It's not a brand name PC, at start-up GeForce 4MX440 with AGP8X appears.
Re 3C: I opened the case and it says G-Tech P35-1B1-1FA9 on the Ethernet - but can't locate any driver for that either.

09-May-2006, 08:37 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten
It's not a brand name PC, at start-up GeForce 4MX440 with AGP8X appears.
That is your video card
Quote:
Re 3C: I opened the case and it says G-Tech P35-1B1-1FA9 on the Ethernet - but can't locate any driver for that either.
I am assuming that the ethernet card is not builtin to the motherboard. Is it in a pci slot or on the motherboard. If it is on the motherboard, then figure out the make and model of the motherboard and go to the manufacturers website to download the correct driver.
Computer Specs

09-May-2006, 08:43 AM #5
Thanks. You reckon http://www.pcpitstop.com/welcome.asp...erscan&cs=1001 could help re make and model or do I have to find the card inside? I haven't had any driver probs in years.

09-May-2006, 09:21 AM #6
Is the Network card integrated or in a pci slot?
The make and models should be printed on all your components inside unless this is a very old computer. It has been a long time since I haven't seen a make or model number printed on a component.
Computer Specs

09-May-2006, 09:39 AM #7
Integrated, it sits on the motherboard (Albatron PX845 PEV PRO 800) - so I should get the correct driver from Albatron then?
Computer Specs
Member with 7,213 posts.

09-May-2006, 02:08 PM #8
Yes download it from here - http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/i...r.asp?pro_id=6

where it says LAN.

09-May-2006, 06:20 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten
Integrated, it sits on the motherboard (Albatron PX845 PEV PRO 800) - so I should get the correct driver from Albatron then?
Post #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squashman
If it is on the motherboard, then figure out the make and model of the motherboard and go to the manufacturers website to download the correct driver.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!