Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

BitLord running slow

(!)

Junior Member with 20 posts.

04-Feb-2007, 09:50 AM #1
BitLord running slow
First let me say I want to have a detailed guideline to improve the download speed of BitLord 1.1
I know many will say to use another, say Azureus/uTorrent/BitTorrent etc.However,i am trying all of them,but nothing works...
I am extremely confused by looking at so many forums.I downloaded BitLord to d/l physics ebooks from a website.At first, the d/l speed was very good~100kb/s.However,currently I am d/ling a file of size 5.2GB.
And BitLord is running at 25 kb/s in average and the speed is decreasing day by day.I have alredy d/lded 46%,so I do not wish to change.However,After seeing so many things in so many forums,I supply the following details for my BitLord:Max d/l rate=unlimited;Max u/l rate=3kb/s;Listen port 58722;I am using 256 broadband.I have enabled NAT/Firewall config in ICS/ICF and unselected "remove port on NAT/Firewall".
Please,I do not know,which among these are really necessary.I saw in a webpage to force the encryption protocol...However here,in BitLord there is no such option.I also do not understand about seeds/peers/uploading etc.I aloso seek guideline how to change Firewall settings like stuffs.I have tried Azureus/uTorrent/BitTorrent simultaneously with BitLord a couple of times,but their speed was ridiculously low...Please help me.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

04-Feb-2007, 10:13 AM #2
Because Bitlord is a type of P2P software... we cannot help you.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,729 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Feb-2007, 10:23 AM #3
Reported.
Flrman1   (Mark) Flrman1 is offline Flrman1 has a Profile Picture
Member with 46,322 posts.

04-Feb-2007, 11:51 AM #4
P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit http://www.stealingisillegal.com/), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

http://www.helponthe.net/rules.html

This thread is closed.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!