Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DSL - Difference between phone line cord & .....

(!)

Member with 34 posts.

07-Feb-2007, 05:48 PM #1
DSL - Difference between phone line cord & .....
I'm back! Verizon just dropped off the box containing all the goodies, but I can't hook it up until next week because of the "Service Ready Date".

Anyway, my first question. Is there even a specific cord for DSL connections? In order to run DSL, do you need a SPECIFIC cord, or can it just be a regular phone line cord?

Say, the cord I received with my verizon box, (The cord that plugs from the jack into my modem) , is not long enough, could I go out and buy a longer cord?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this sounds confusing :X
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

07-Feb-2007, 07:20 PM #2
You need twisted pair for DSL, a long flat cord will cause you endless grief. Try this: http://www.excelsus-tech.com/index.c...ail&id=1749755
Member with 34 posts.

07-Feb-2007, 07:59 PM #3
I figured. We bought a 25ft flat wire from radio shack, they told us the cord did not matter, i insisted it did and I was right. Oh well the cord only cost 3$. Is that site trust worthy? Thank you JohnWill, once again.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

08-Feb-2007, 08:10 PM #4
I don't know if they're "trustworthy", but the cable was cheap enough. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find lots of other folks that have it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!