Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Wizard Cannot find your network hardware.

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Feb-2008, 03:22 PM #1
Wizard Cannot find your network hardware.
Dell
Windows Xp

So 2 days ago, i was having a problem with my computer, i would log in, and once my desktop came up, it would show for about 10 seconds, and then my icons and taskbar would dissapear. So i called dell, and they told me that most likely some spyware had leaked through and the best solution would be to reboot xp and start from scratch. So i go to do that and when the installation finished, i suddenly have no internet connection. I use a linksys router, and my laptop is connected to the router and gets a connection just fine.

So im guessing my problem is that when i go on my pc and go to the network connections screen, its empty. Wehn i try to set one up, i get the "Wizzard cannot find your network hardware" which is strange because before i re-installed, i had a working internet connection. If you have any tips, that doesnt require me talking to the useless folks at "dell-on-call" please help.

Be slow with me lol, im a beginner, i kno some basics, but if u tell me to do some crazy stuff, i will probably get lost =). So step by step please if u can help.

thanks
lee
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,476 posts.

23-Feb-2008, 04:12 PM #2
Check in Device Manager; you'll almost definitely find that some devices are missing drivers. Install all your chipset drivers, and then any others you need, from your Drivers CD or from Dell's web site.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Feb-2008, 04:17 PM #3
well i can't do from the website because i cant get online. and i installed my dell dimension and xps resource cd, but that didnt help.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,476 posts.

23-Feb-2008, 05:21 PM #4
"well i can't do from the website because i cant get online"

You seem to be online enough to post here. Use removable media to copy the needed files to the "sick" machine.
Senior Member with 266 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Feb-2008, 05:31 AM #5
just a curious question, did dell give you a third cd labeled "drivers and utilities"
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!