Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Proxy server security certificate

(!)

Member with 117 posts.

14-May-2008, 07:14 AM #1
Question Proxy server security certificate
Hi Good Peoples,

(Hope this is in the right forum category.)

On my desktop computer, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium edition and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

I have just signed up for a package that gives me access to Microsoft Exchange 2003 server. I have set up and run the configurations on my PC, but when I open the Outlook program on my computer, I get the following error message.

"There is a problem with the proxy server security certificate. The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the target site mapi.pm.telstra.com
Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server. (Error code 10)"

I have also set up this exact same program on my laptop. It is running Windows XP Pro. When I connected on a laptop, it worked perfectly.

Has this got something to do with Vista? And is anyone have any idea how I can fix the damn thing?
Member with 45 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-May-2008, 05:37 PM #2
Make sure the name of your SSL certificate matches the name of the proxy server (mapi.pm.telstra.com).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!