Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

trying to find wirless network on Gateway MA7 laptop

(!)

Junior Member with 21 posts.

06-Jul-2008, 04:37 PM #1
Exclamation trying to find wirless network on Gateway MA7 laptop
I am working on my aunts computer and it worked while it was hooked up to the cable modem and router. I recently hooked up another laptop (that worked wirelessly with no problem) to the cable modem and router and then tried to work my aunts computer (the Gateway MA7) with the wireless network and it says it cannot find a network. I try to use the wizard to connect to the internet and it says "wireless capability on this computer is turned off" and tells me to turn it on by using a switch (which I could not find any) or a function key combination. I have no idea where to begin. I have searched a few forums and also googled this but to no avail. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks so much.
Have a blessed day!
Penne
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,560 posts.

06-Jul-2008, 08:28 PM #2
I don't know what Gateway uses for a wireless switch. Most times the physical switch or function key is identified by an antenna icon. If in color it will probably be blue.

Fn + F2 is a common key combination. On the front of the laptop, down low where you don't see it unless you stand on your head, is a common place for slide switches. To the upper left of the keyboard is a common location for push button toggle switches.

Let us know when you find it so I can add it to my list.
Junior Member with 21 posts.

06-Jul-2008, 09:45 PM #3
got it!
Thanks, but I figured it out. I went into Device Manager (which is what I should have done to begin with ) and saw that there were 2 network adapters and the one had the yellow exclmation mark on it so I disabled it and enabled the one below it and that worked. Not sure why there were 2 adapters to use but it worked so I am not knocking it.
Thanks for your help.
Blessings,
Penne
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!