Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Won't connect to the Wireless network!!

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
02-Dec-2008, 09:07 PM #1
Exclamation Won't connect to the Wireless network!!
Hello
I am currently unable to connect to my home wireless network on my laptop, even though my brother is able to on his laptop. I am using the Odyssey Access Client Manager as my school is wirless and uses this wirless program. My windows wireless comes up with the following text. "this problem has occured because the network did not assign a network adress to the computer." Could my school wirless stop me from going onto my home wireless?
If any one could help that would be most appreciated.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 67,235 posts.

02-Dec-2008, 09:51 PM #2
Make sure you are not using MAC address filtering and try to connect with encryption disabled. If successful you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
02-Dec-2008, 09:56 PM #3
As i am not good at computers how do i check if im using a MAC address filtering,and disable/ enable incription
Computer Specs
Moderator with 67,235 posts.

02-Dec-2008, 10:01 PM #4
Login to the router, preferably using an ethernet connected computer. Navigate to the wireless (or security) section and look for encryption mode and for anything with MAC in the name. The router user manual is often a good source of specifics; it can usually be found on a CD that came with the router and/or on the manufacturer's web site.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
wireless connection

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!