Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Hughes Net HN9000 - System light flashing

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
03-Feb-2009, 08:59 PM #1
Unhappy Hughes Net HN9000 - System light flashing
I'm trying to help out my Mom, she connects to the internet via Hughes Net HN9000 Satellite Internet thru a cord to her desktop computer (windows xp). The internet service was working fine until last week when the DC cord got disconnected from the modem. When the modem was plugged back in the power and LAN lights stayed continuously lit, but the system light flashed blue. The receiving and transmitting lights were off. I tried many of the things listed in the posts here, and have found out the following. The network connection says "limited or no connectivity" and it says that the IP address needs to be renewed. I click to repair the error and it says the IP address can not be renewed.
I tried IPconfig commands, reset winsock and the manual IP thing, but nothing has worked. I called Hughes Net, but they just told me to check connections and then pay 130 bucks for a tech to come out.
Can you please help!!??
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

04-Feb-2009, 09:04 AM #2
Time to get a more responsive ISP!

Everything I read about HughesNet is bad! I'd seriously consider DirectPC and forget trying to fix this turkey!
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Feb-2009, 09:29 AM #3
Thumbs down Argh!
Yeah, I told my Mom the same thing. Shame she signed a 2 year contract with a $400 cancellation fee.
There MUST be something I can try for her?

Any input appreciated.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

04-Feb-2009, 04:05 PM #4
I did a search, but didn't come up with anything useful. The name "system" would suggest that this is an issue for their tech support.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!