Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm... help fix pls!!

(!)

Junior Member with 8 posts.

04-Mar-2009, 02:28 AM #1
res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm... help fix pls!!
Ok, first off i hope i got this in the right spot if not if possible please move this to the correct area.

Ok now i'm on dial up, i have windows xp sp2 and i started getting this error recently. ok my symptoms are as follows: i'm connected to the internet and i can surf the web for 20 mins or so then i can be in middle of loading a site and i get hit with a cannot display this page message and i notice i get that .dll error at the bottom right (had to hit refresh like 100 times till i could get the error wrote down) once this happens all is done and i can't go anywhere else i can reconnect and no problems till about 20 mins or so then it all happens again. ok now theres also some problems with my windows live messenger as well, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. its something like the explorer, like i can be talking to someone then after awhile i can type messages and its like there offline but there not and they can see that i'm still online as well. when it doesn't work and i have to go through the troubleshoot it goes through the diagnostic thingy and when it gets to the key ports it gets a error and can't auto fix it ( so i think its a port that gets shut down..virus, trojan, spyware, i have no idea). i also d/l firefox and with that i get the same type of problem but when it won't let me go anywhere it just says done at the bottom left and doesn't give me much help. i use avg and the definations are out of date and i can't update it, i get to the 90's and it says there was a error with the d/l .

I'm sorry for the long winded post but thats bout everything that i can think of that i can go into details with. please help me with any type of fix.
Member with 8,250 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Mar-2009, 07:04 AM #2
R B.:
Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

When did the problem begin?

Some ISPs [ internet service providers ] will terminate your connection if they detect that you have been idle for a particular length of time. Most ISPs will deny this maneuver.

What is idle? You may be reading a story, or composing an email message, but if you have not requested another web page, your ISP probably considers you to be out of the room and your computer connection to be idle.

My guess is that they have you set to a 20 minute idle period.

Yes, large files are a problem over a dial up connection. There are "download managers" that will allow you to pick up where the last download attempt left off. Some TGF users do not like download managers.

My internet connection speed is such that I do not need to use one.

RF123

04-Mar-2009, 09:47 AM #3
nah that won't be it since i had three different isp's within the last month doing the same thing.

the thing is i don't get disconnected because i left it on overnight trying to d/l something it stayed connected for around 8 hours so thats not the problem at all. its just something in my system thats causing the problem
Member with 8,250 posts.

04-Mar-2009, 04:00 PM #4
3 ISPs within a month? There is something about your situation that I do not understand.

Which version of XP SP2 have you, home, etc?

RIGHT click "my computer".
Left click "properties".

RF123
Member with 8,250 posts.

04-Mar-2009, 04:33 PM #5
R B.:
Has the problem occurred with each of the 3 ISP?

When did the problem begin?

Can you relate the onset to the installation or removal of hardware or software, to include Windows updates or updates to your AV, or other program?

At the risk of being too personal, what did you download for 8 hrs?

I suggest that you concentrate on updating Windows & AVG.

My intent is not to tell you what to do in life, R B. .

RF123

05-Mar-2009, 10:43 AM #6
well what i was downloading was my avg update, i just went to sleep for around 8 hours so it could of only been a few hours to download, but the problem is that it keeps failing at different percentages or it will download at 0.0 kb speeds whe its connected to the internet. so pretty much my internet is useless. i went from ppc to netzero to ppc then i went to a local dial up service which doesn't use no types of program to get connected besides the 2 computer things and each having the same problem. i run xp sp2 home edition
Member with 8,250 posts.

05-Mar-2009, 04:24 PM #7
R B.:
I prefer using an ISP that does not require the installation of software.

You can update AVG from a file that you have downloaded to your computer.

Which version of AVG have you? Are you using a free product or commercial product?

You can also download all of the Windows updates from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx

Of course, you need to know which downloads you need.
You could go to www.microsoft.com/updates
Right corner, left click "windows updates"
Follow prompts until you see 2 buttons, "express" and "custom"
Select "custom".
Write down each update, in sequence, top to bottom
Then go to Windows Downloads, download each update
Then install each update.
BE SURE to re-start when prompted.

THEN, do somewhere that has a fast cable connection and download XP SP3 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

It is a VERY LARGE file. Save it to a CD or flash drive.
Transfer the file to your computer's hard drive.
Run the SP3 installation.

You may be in a bind,that which is called "catch 22". You may need an update to fix your problem. You may not be able to obtain the update until you fix your problem which may require you to obtain an update, but you may not be able to obtain the update until you fix your problem, and on & on & on.

RF123
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!