Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Help: Your ethernet cable does not appear to be connected properly

(!)

Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-May-2009, 09:54 AM #1
Smile Solved: Help: Your ethernet cable does not appear to be connected properly
hello guys,

I installed the same device but it's working fine (i installed one succesfully working fine) and when i go to other dsl line or other connection and i use the same model but diff mac address.

This message below appeared when i installed setup wizard from the CD setup of device WAG54G2 and i tried bridge mode only. I check the line connection is properly connected but still below message. Please help!!!

Your ethernet cable does not appear to be connected properly.

error 321: Etherner Cable not connected

Follow these steps:
1) Make sure the ethernet cable from your computer is securely connected to a LAN port on the back of your gateway
2) Make sure the power cable from your new gateway is securely connected and the lights on the front of your gateway are flashing.
3) Click Retry to try installing your gateway again.

i saw in device (WAG54G2) that the connection is green color under ADSL light it means the line is activated to the DSL.

My question is, if u can see the ADSL green light on the device it is possible also that the "gateway" is not possible connected?

Member with 31 posts.

Experience: FiOS Network Tech
04-May-2009, 11:54 AM #2
there is a few things i recommend to cust. all the time with this type of issue the first and formost thing you want to try is looping the cat5 (ethernet) to the router simply plugging 1 end into lan1 and the other end of the cable into lan2 if the cable is fine. still doesnt work powercyle the router (pull the power cord out for 5 sec) once all lights are green and stable powercycle the PC if this does not solve the issue factory reset the router hit and hold the reset button for 20 seconds wait till all lights green and stable the powercycle the PC sounds like your ethernet may have a short follow those steps though after looping the cable into the router LAN1 and LAN2 if the cable is good both LAN1 and LAN2 lights will light up green and steady if not, Bad cable
Member with 31 posts.

Experience: FiOS Network Tech
04-May-2009, 11:57 AM #3
My question is, if u can see the ADSL green light on the device it is possible also that the "gateway" is not possible connected? to answer that question to be honest anything is possible. but with that problem if i were you Factory reset the router like i explained when stable powercycle the PC.
Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-May-2009, 12:27 AM #4
Kr8zyVZtech

I did factory rest the device for 10 times and i replace the same device (WAG54G2) to enable the connection but still the same.

I used the laptop to configure the ADSL device but witout power cord of the laptop since the battery still 80% of power.....

please advice...

thanks,
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

05-May-2009, 09:57 AM #5
What was the solution?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!