Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

13-Sep-2009, 07:18 PM #1
Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?
Hello,

I formatted my computer (to XP Professional Build 2600 Service Pack 2) yesterday.
but It says in the Device Manager that Ethernet Controller and Multimedia Audio Controller is not installed (Yellow question mark with quotation mark). So I can't connect to the internet or play music.

I called a internet technician and he told me to identify the brand of the Ethernet Controller so I can download the correct driver.

But how do I identify the brand? I opened the computer and on the Ethernet Controller there is a logo printed on it - I think it reads "G-tech". Is there such a brand that manufactures Ethernet Controllers?
There is also a series of numbers on the Ethernet Controller: "P35-152-19W9"

and I also cannot locate the Multimedia Audio Controller. but internet is a priority for me so I'll just focus on solving the Ethernet Controller first.

I don't think I have the CD from when I bought my motherboard. If I did, I don't have it now.

I used a program called Everest, which is supposed to identify the brand of my hardwares but it doesn't give me the brand of my Ethernet Controller.
I'm including screen captures using this program.

I also used a program called HWiNFO32 which identifies my motherboard. I'm also including a screen capture of this program.

So... how can I identify the correct Ethernet Controller and Audio Controller Drivers for my computer??
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?-everest.jpg   Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?-audio.jpg   Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?-system-summary.jpg   Solved: How can I find the brand of my Ethernet Controller?-motherboard.jpg  
Member with 137 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Sep-2009, 07:38 PM #2
Computer Specs
Member with 5,119 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2009, 07:42 PM #3
Try to d/l install and run www.belarc.com. This is a free program that will identify everything on your computer, including all hardware/software, license/key numbers.
This should identify the controllers you have then you can go to the Computer mfg, or item manufacturer and get your drivers or you can go to www.driverguide.com. This site is also free but you must register to use it, and get the necessary drivers there.
Vicks
Junior Member with 2 posts.

13-Sep-2009, 07:58 PM #4
It works!!! I downloaded the LAN and Audio driver from this website and installed the drivers (32 bit for LAN)

Thanks sunnyeagle! God Bless You

vicks I haven't tried your answer but it looks quite promising as well. Thank you too.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,119 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Sep-2009, 09:31 PM #5
By the way, welcome TSG forums.
In regard to the Belarc program. I encourage you to print a copy of the results to keep on had for future reference, I have relied on such on more than one occassion.
Whn you feel your 'problem' has been solved, feel free to mark it as such, click on the button at the top left corner of your original post.
Happy Computing.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!