Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

remote destop connection

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Oct-2009, 06:36 PM #1
remote destop connection
please i need a helping hand, i am running a network of a bt-home hub (first edition) from which i need to get remote desktop connection working, for private issues. i have the remote desktop connection on my laptop and i am running vista and so are my other machines. i know all of the passwords for my router and can change settings if needed. so if i could get a step by step run through of getting it to work would be much apriciated, and if u can tell us how to get it to work on dual monitior even better!!!!!!!

p.s this i need this done over local area connection not online thanks

also i would like to be able to connect a portable hard drive to my network router, so it can be assesed by any other computer on this network but with a password. again your help would be much apriciated

Last edited by recoil49; 27-Oct-2009 at 06:48 PM..
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

27-Oct-2009, 06:54 PM #2
For the local connection, you don't have to do anything to the router, that would only be for Internet access to a remote connection.

You just have to allow remote desktop through any firewall software you have on the machines.
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Computer Literate
27-Oct-2009, 07:13 PM #3
for the remote connections you need to enable remote desktop on the machines (Right Click My Computer > Properties > Remote > Allow Users to connect remotely to this computer > Apply > Ok). This should work for LAN computers, as mentioned above no need to change firewall rules. To allow it to run on dual monitor you need to specify how many users can access the machine at any given time....although not seeing the same screen
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
remote desktop connection

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!