Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dell Inspiron 530 can't pick up wireless card

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

08-Nov-2009, 04:20 PM #1
Dell Inspiron 530 can't pick up wireless card
Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop computer. We had it hooked up to wireless all most a year ago. Then we hooked it up via Ethernet cable. After a move, I am trying to hook it up via wireless. (Our cable hookup is two rooms over) The computer doesn't detect a wireless card. We bought the computer with an Internal PCI 802.11g wireless network card, Full Height. The antenna is hooked up into the back of the computer. I bought a 50" Ethernet cable to hook up the computer to download current drivers. After downloading the drivers from Dell, I still cannot find the wireless card on the computer. In device manager under network adapters I only show Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection. I tried to see if the wireless was turned on, but the only thing I find on the internet about turning it on is to press (Fn) and (F2) together. My keyboard does not have a function button. Also, I am hooked up wirelessly right now on my laptop. The wireless signal is strong. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Lisa
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

08-Nov-2009, 04:23 PM #2
Well, if you don't see the wireless card either under Network adapters or perhaps Other Devices with an error, it's not being sensed by the BIOS POST.

Have you reseated the wireless card?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

08-Nov-2009, 04:55 PM #3
Thanks...that is all it was!
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

08-Nov-2009, 08:27 PM #4
Great.

You can mark your own threads solved using the button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!