Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP6500 Wireless Printer Constantly Freezes

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Nov-2009, 09:12 PM #1
Smile HP6500 Wireless Printer Constantly Freezes
Hi! This is my first post so I hope I do this right! Thank you in advance for any thoughts or tips! Just an FYI - I am an "intermediate" user who can handle many things, but not programming, etc. If pointed in the right direction, I usually find my way!

I have an HP 6500 Wireless "All-in-One" printer. It is connected to my computer (a Dell Studio laptop, Running Windows 7, 64 bit) via USB. The printer is also installed on my network (Linksys Wireless N Gigabit Router). The printer very frequently (almost daily) freezes after several hours of non-use (especially overnight). None of the controls on the printer will "wake" it up and sending a print job to it will not wake it either. The only way I can get it to work is to quickly unplug/replug the power cord. Once I do that, the printer goes through a power-up procedure, then it is fine and can be used.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it as just a network printer with no USB connection, but the same thing ends up happening. It happened before I upgraded from Vista 64bit to Win7, and it continues now, with Win7 installed.

I had an HP Wireless "All-in-One" installed before (a lessor model) this one, and never had that problem.

Any thoughts!? Thanks!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,961 posts.

21-Nov-2009, 09:40 PM #2
Sounds like a problem with the all-in-one. See if there is any discussion of this problem on HP's web site. If not, or nothing helpful, contact them. I've had good luck with HP's email support.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
6500, all in one wireless, printer freezes

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!