Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to share your Cricket Broadband Connection

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Depends on the problem!
09-Dec-2009, 02:34 AM #1
Smile How to share your Cricket Broadband Connection
I am writing this thread in reference to the link below
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...aring-two.html

I was trying desperately to find a way to share my little cricket usb broadband modem with another laptop. I found no good solutions online. So I just goofed off with it for a while and stumbled upon a solution IN VISTA ULTIMATE x64. Here it goes.

Step 1

Goto the computer that will have the modem attached to it and then goto network connections. Right click on the cricket modem connection and choose properties.
Then click on the far right tab called sharing and check the first box
Take note of the IP Address of your wireless/wired network adapter that you are using to network your computers together.

Step 2

Goto the client computer and click on View Computers and Devices under Network and Sharing. You should have an Internet Gateway Device in the list. Right click on it and enable it.

Step 3

On the client computer goto Network and Sharing and click on Manage Network Connections.
Right click on your network device that you are using to network to the other computer, and click properties. Then click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.

Change the settings to what applies to you, but follow the guidelines I give below.

NOW I AM PRETTY SURE THAT IS ALL I DID TO GET IT TO WORK. LET ME KNOW IF THESE STEPS DON'T WORK FOR YOU. MAYBE WE CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT I DID IN ADDITION TO THESE STEPS!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,466 posts.

09-Dec-2009, 02:00 PM #2
What's wrong with Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) or Step by step Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) setup in Vista?

You can use static IP addresses on the client computers but it is easier and better to just use dynamic addressing.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Depends on the problem!
09-Dec-2009, 02:12 PM #3
Smile Tried
I did see the help on ICS within windows. But for some reason couldn't get it to function for me. I am probably doing the same thing that is stated there, or maybe I am doing more then needed, I don't really know. But I hoped to show some step by step instructions specific to a usb mobile broadband card from Cricket. I noticed that there were a lot of people asking the same question as me and not getting any answers, so I found your forum and thought I would share my success, step by step, and hopefully it would help others out. I hope I didn't miss anything.
Have you ever done this before? Did I do some extra things not needed? Anymore info on this thread I am sure would be helpful for others. Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!